Instructors: Angela Belcher, Bevin Engelward, Shannon Hughes-Alford, Natalie Kuldell and Agi Stachowiak
Writing Instructor: Leslie Ann Roldan
Oral Presentation Instructor: Atissa Banuazizi
Graduate TAs: Jenny Kay, Eric Ma, and Jackie Ohmura
Lecture: T/R 11-12 (16-220)
Lab: T/R 1-5 or W/F 1-5 (56-322)
Seminar Room: 16-336
Welcome to 20.109! For many of you this will be the first time in a research lab and for others it will not, but it is our goal to make this class a useful and fun introduction to experiments and techniques in biological engineering. There is not time enough to show you everything you’ll need to know if you go on to do research, but after taking this class you should feel confident and familiar with some fundamental experimental approaches and lab protocols. You will develop good habits at the bench, ones that will increase the likelihood of success in your work and ensure the health and safety of you and those around you. By the end of the semester, you should also be aware of good scientific practice, having had some experience with report writing, notebook keeping and publicly presenting your data. All of us involved in teaching 20.109 hope you will find it a satisfying challenge and an exciting experience that has lasting value.
- To submit your major assignments, access the Stellar drop-box that's here
- Yep, looking like enough rain and wind to keep me home also. I'll have my full hour Tuesday OH session, 4-5 pm. AgiStachowiak 21:56, 28 October 2012 (EDT)
- Looks like Sandy has washed-out office hours for NK for Monday 10.29. I'll reschedule them for later in the week. See you all Tuesday...stay safe in the hurricane!
- And Agi's office hours same day (10.22), 2-3 pm. I may be working in the lab rather than my office, and will leave a note on my door to this effect if so.
- Office hours on 10.22 in lab from 10:30-11:30. Stop by if you have questions! ~Natalie
- If you're giving a presentation of your journal article and you'd like to switch articles after you get feedback on your slides, that's fine to do. Please remember to change the wiki M2D4 or M2D8 so you don't accidentally prepare a paper that someone else is already preparing.
- Remember that the slides from Atissa's presentation about your journal club slides can be found on her user page. Use them as a guide to creating an effective presentation!
- Shannon will hold office hours in the lab on Wed 10.17 from 10-11am. If you have any last minute questions about your journal club slides, please come chat.
- NK office hours 10.15 from 10:30-11:30 in lab. Come by with questions on your journal club articles or anything else.
- Agi's office hours will be Monday 2-2:30 and Tuesday 4:30-5 this week, since there was no consensus about which day was preferred. Remember that office hours times are available on my Talk page also.
- the new due time for the Mod2 slides is midnight on 10/18 or 10/19
Beautiful artwork for homepage from Lucy Hg
- You can find old announcements here