20.109(F12): Quick Facts
- Taq has an error rate of about 1 in 9000. Reference: an article in the journal Biochemistry, quick info can be found in the abstract.
- So would you use Taq for cloning purposes?
- What is the probability of finding a mutation in a GFP gene PCR-ed up using Taq polymerase?
- If you had a plasmid of size 3 kb, at a concentration typical of high copy plasmids (~150 ng/µL), and you added 1 µL of DNA into a PCR reaction (50 µL), given the typical conditions for a PCR, what are the concentrations of plasmid and primers respectively?
- Would the concentrations be sufficient to explain why primers preferentially bind to the template compared to re-annealing of the template? If so, why? If not, why?