- A corrected, updated schedule is posted again: schedule. There may be an additional homework 9 for extra credit.
- Lectures notes for ImageProcessing I & II are posted
- Note that we have updated the course schedule.
- Lecture Note for Optoelectronics III posted.
- Lecture Note for Optoelectronics II posted. Reminder: Quiz tomorrow (focus only on Optics & Microscopy lectures)
- Lecture Note for Optoelectronics I posted. Homework 7 posted.
- Fluorescence microscopy starts today. This week: build your microscope and characterize the white light path.
- Preliminary lab manual for fluorescence microscopy is here. Please note there will be changes.
- Lecture Note for Optics & Microscopy IV is now online. Please note that there will be a quiz tomorrow.
- Lecture Note for Optics & Microscopy III is now online.
- Lecture Notes for Optics & Microscopy I & II and Problem Set #6 are now online. Due to some posting problems, Problem Set #6 is due on October 28. See updated schedule.
- Problem Set #5 will be extended to October 24, part (e): 10ms (not 10us)
- DNA melting report and thermal noise lab slides from Friday 10/04 lecture
- DNA data analysis slides from Tuesday 9/30 lecture are now posted here
- Slides for Friday 9/26 lecture are now posted here
- Sign up for your presentation (with this link) by September 23 to avoid being randomly assigned.
- Updates for the DNA melting module
- New lab hours:
Lab Opening Hours
Documents This includes documents related to psets, quizes, labs, and lectures
- All work on the microscopy lab must be completed by 11/7
- Microscopes must be disassembled and vigilantly put away by 11/12
- Homework #7 will be due on 11/12
- There will be a quiz on 11/13
- Lab module 3 report due on 11/17
- Homework #8 will be due on 11/18
- 12/5 will be the last day to work in the lab on your final project
- Final project report will be due on 12/10
Course packet and readings
20.309 course packet (schedule, reading assignments, lab modules, and homework: 3.5 MB pdf file)
Readings for the first half of the course are available in a single (32 MB pdf) file, located in the readings folder of the course locker. The course locker is available on all lab machines, Project Athena machines, and via AFS.
To access the locker from a Project Athena machine, type:
attach 20.309 and then
The full AFS path to the readings folder is:
You can also download the file directly at this link. The login and password will be provided in lecture.
(Due to copyright restrictions, this file cannot be posted on Openwetware.)