840:153g:Projects/project10/2010/10/07

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project10 | 2010 | 10(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Current revision (16:35, 21 October 2010) (view source)
 
Line 9: Line 9:
* We received our primers Cowboy, Cowgirl, Sneezy, Grumpy. Set up and ran PCR's with all combinations of forward and reverse primers at 3 different temperatures (48C, 51.7C, and 58C) because of differences in annealing temperatures - chose the lowest and went 5 degrees below it and 5 degrees above it. Next, we took the PCR products and set up an agarose gel electrophoresis to determine if the primers work and if certain pairing(s) work better than others. Ran gel at 200Volts for 40 minutes. Will see results next week. Next week, we will begin RNA extraction.
* We received our primers Cowboy, Cowgirl, Sneezy, Grumpy. Set up and ran PCR's with all combinations of forward and reverse primers at 3 different temperatures (48C, 51.7C, and 58C) because of differences in annealing temperatures - chose the lowest and went 5 degrees below it and 5 degrees above it. Next, we took the PCR products and set up an agarose gel electrophoresis to determine if the primers work and if certain pairing(s) work better than others. Ran gel at 200Volts for 40 minutes. Will see results next week. Next week, we will begin RNA extraction.
[[Image:oct 7.jpg]]
[[Image:oct 7.jpg]]
-
 
+
* Our bands are shown on the bottom. PCR was successful, primers are working, and there is amplification of DNA.
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit below this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit below this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
|}
|}

Current revision

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Entry title

  • We received our primers Cowboy, Cowgirl, Sneezy, Grumpy. Set up and ran PCR's with all combinations of forward and reverse primers at 3 different temperatures (48C, 51.7C, and 58C) because of differences in annealing temperatures - chose the lowest and went 5 degrees below it and 5 degrees above it. Next, we took the PCR products and set up an agarose gel electrophoresis to determine if the primers work and if certain pairing(s) work better than others. Ran gel at 200Volts for 40 minutes. Will see results next week. Next week, we will begin RNA extraction.

Image:oct 7.jpg

  • Our bands are shown on the bottom. PCR was successful, primers are working, and there is amplification of DNA.
Personal tools