840:153g:Projects/project10/2010/12/02

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project10 | 2010 | 12(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2010/12/02 Entry for 840:153g:Projects/project10)
Current revision (16:27, 2 December 2010) (view source)
 
(One intermediate revision not shown.)
Line 7: Line 7:
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
==Entry title==
==Entry title==
-
* Insert content here...
+
* Tuesday, we used our 10 plasmid minipreps and cut them with EcoR1 and ran gel electrophoresis on them to see the sizes of fragments. We discovered only a few of our samples turned out with two bands, one at about 3,000bp and the other at 900 bp. The 3,000bp fragment is thought to be the plasmid, and the 900bp is our gene of interest insertion. Well #21 is showing a band at ~600bp and ~100bp. We sent four samples to be sequenced (wells 18, 19, 21, and 22). Thursday, we did clean up and saved some samples for future use.
 +
 
 +
[[Image:11-30-10Gel.jpg]]
 +
 

Current revision

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      

Entry title

  • Tuesday, we used our 10 plasmid minipreps and cut them with EcoR1 and ran gel electrophoresis on them to see the sizes of fragments. We discovered only a few of our samples turned out with two bands, one at about 3,000bp and the other at 900 bp. The 3,000bp fragment is thought to be the plasmid, and the 900bp is our gene of interest insertion. Well #21 is showing a band at ~600bp and ~100bp. We sent four samples to be sequenced (wells 18, 19, 21, and 22). Thursday, we did clean up and saved some samples for future use.

Image:11-30-10Gel.jpg


Personal tools