840:153g:Projects/project12/2010/10/28

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project12 | 2010 | 10
Revision as of 16:30, 28 October 2010 by Morgan Haskell (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision (diff) | Newer revision→ (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

More fun with bacteria

  • On Tuesday, we streaked four plates with the two parts (BBa_J37015 and BBa_R0062) we received from Parts Registry/iGEM. We realized that we ordered the wrong part (R0062), and emailed the company again to have the correct part (BBa_C0060) sent out. On Wednesday we made overnight cultures for minipreps. Today, we did minipreps for part J37015 to use next week, and made glycerol stocks from the overnight cultures to use in the future if they are needed. Hopefully by next week, we'll get our other part and we can finish up our project. Otherwise, next week we will be doing PCR of J37015 with our biobrick primers and ligating that part with a red fluorescent protein biobrick part that group 13 is willing to share with us.


Personal tools