840:153g:Projects/project16/2011/09/20

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project16/2011 | 09(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2011/09/20 Entry for 840:153g:Projects/project16)
Current revision (18:28, 22 September 2011) (view source)
(DNA Extraction using Chelex)
 
(2 intermediate revisions not shown.)
Line 6: Line 6:
| colspan="2"|
| colspan="2"|
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
-
==Entry title==
+
==Constructing and Running an Agarose Gel Electrophoresis==
-
* Insert content here...
+
Today we ran a Agarose gel electrophoresis to determine if we successfully extracted any DNA. We ran three different experiments, one lane contained the aqueous DNA with EcoRI restriction enzyme, another lane contained an undigested DNA, and the third lane contained the DNA with PstI restriction enzyme. Our results showed that we did have DNA but it wasn't pure enough for a PCR reaction. Therefore we decided to purify our DNA before we run a PCR reaction.
-
 
+
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit below this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit below this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->

Current revision

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Constructing and Running an Agarose Gel Electrophoresis

Today we ran a Agarose gel electrophoresis to determine if we successfully extracted any DNA. We ran three different experiments, one lane contained the aqueous DNA with EcoRI restriction enzyme, another lane contained an undigested DNA, and the third lane contained the DNA with PstI restriction enzyme. Our results showed that we did have DNA but it wasn't pure enough for a PCR reaction. Therefore we decided to purify our DNA before we run a PCR reaction.

Personal tools