From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

DNA Extraction using Chelex

Today we ran a Agarose gel electrophoresis to determine if we successfully extracted any DNA. We ran three different experiments, one lane contained the solunate with EcoRI restriction enzyme, another lane contained an undigested solunate, and the third lane contained the solunate with PstI restriction enzyme. Our results showed that we did have DNA but it wasn't purified enough for a PCR reaction. Therefore we decided to purify our DNA before we run a PCR reaction.

Personal tools