840:153g:Projects/project16/2011/10/04

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project16/2011 | 10(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2011/10/04 Entry for 840:153g:Projects/project16)
Current revision (18:37, 4 October 2011) (view source)
(Entry title)
 
Line 6: Line 6:
| colspan="2"|
| colspan="2"|
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
-
==Entry title==
+
==Gel Electrophoresis of PCR and Creating Lysis Buffer==
-
* Insert content here...
+
Today, we ran our PCR products through a gel to determine if we successfully amplified our gene. Unfortunately, we failed to amplify our gene and we forgot to add the master mix to 2 of our 3 controls. There are many different things that could have made our PCR failed which include a failed DNA extraction, incorrect annealing temperatures, an incorrect master mix, etc.  So we elected to try a different extraction protocol that we acquired from Dr. Spradling.  In preparation for Thursday's lab, we created our lysis buffer.

Current revision

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Gel Electrophoresis of PCR and Creating Lysis Buffer

Today, we ran our PCR products through a gel to determine if we successfully amplified our gene. Unfortunately, we failed to amplify our gene and we forgot to add the master mix to 2 of our 3 controls. There are many different things that could have made our PCR failed which include a failed DNA extraction, incorrect annealing temperatures, an incorrect master mix, etc. So we elected to try a different extraction protocol that we acquired from Dr. Spradling. In preparation for Thursday's lab, we created our lysis buffer.


Personal tools