840:153g:Projects/project16/2011/10/06

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project16/2011 | 10(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2011/10/06 Entry for 840:153g:Projects/project16)
Current revision (09:41, 10 October 2011) (view source)
(DNA Extraction and Isolation using Proteinase K)
 
Line 6: Line 6:
| colspan="2"|
| colspan="2"|
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
-
==Entry title==
+
==DNA Extraction and Isolation using Proteinase K==
-
* Insert content here...
+
Today we performed a different DNA extraction under a protocol recommended by a faculty member to hopefully obtain a better sample of DNA. We utilized a lysis buffer and proteinase K on buccal cells followed by an ethanol precipitation, but our efforts were in vain. No DNA precipitate was formed,  and therefore the extraction was unsuccessful. Following this, we found a DNA extraction kit that we plan to utilize in our next lab session to perform still another DNA extraction.  

Current revision

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

DNA Extraction and Isolation using Proteinase K

Today we performed a different DNA extraction under a protocol recommended by a faculty member to hopefully obtain a better sample of DNA. We utilized a lysis buffer and proteinase K on buccal cells followed by an ethanol precipitation, but our efforts were in vain. No DNA precipitate was formed, and therefore the extraction was unsuccessful. Following this, we found a DNA extraction kit that we plan to utilize in our next lab session to perform still another DNA extraction.


Personal tools