840:153g:Projects/project16/2011/10/25

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Gel Electrophoresis of Previous PCR Products

Today we ran a 1% agarose gel electrophoresis of our PCR products from lab session. Because the PCR we ran was the same as the one from ____, we expected to see the same results from our gel. As you probably can guess based on past results, it didn't work because Jack added too much ethidium bromide to the gel causing it to turn orange as we were going for Halloween colors. However this made it very difficult to see the ladder and the results from our lanes which looked strikingly different from what we expected. Based on this failure as well as other failures, we have decided to abandon this project and move on to greener fields.


Personal tools