840:153g:Projects/project21/2012/11/01

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project21 | 2012 | 11(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2012/11/01 Entry for 840:153g:Projects/project21)
Current revision (17:05, 1 November 2012) (view source)
(Entry title)
 
Line 7: Line 7:
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
==Entry title==
==Entry title==
-
* Insert content here...
+
This week we started by running a gel with our digested plasmid in higher volume because our last gel showed us nothing, so we hoped that we would see something this time. we didnt, what showed was far too large to be a plasmid so we need to go back to our glycerol stock and attempt extraction again. Wednesday we took our glycerol stocks and innoculated 5ml of TB medium with our cells and grew them overnight. Thursday we began to work on plasmid extraction again and got the plasmid DNA extracted. Next Tuesday we plan to run a gel right away to check if extraction was successful. The next step after this will be to digest and purify the plasmid again and hope we do not lose it this time.

Current revision

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Entry title

This week we started by running a gel with our digested plasmid in higher volume because our last gel showed us nothing, so we hoped that we would see something this time. we didnt, what showed was far too large to be a plasmid so we need to go back to our glycerol stock and attempt extraction again. Wednesday we took our glycerol stocks and innoculated 5ml of TB medium with our cells and grew them overnight. Thursday we began to work on plasmid extraction again and got the plasmid DNA extracted. Next Tuesday we plan to run a gel right away to check if extraction was successful. The next step after this will be to digest and purify the plasmid again and hope we do not lose it this time.


Personal tools