840:153g:Projects/project22/2012/10/25

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2012/10/25 Entry for 840:153g:Projects/project22)
(Entry title)
Line 6: Line 6:
| colspan="2"|
| colspan="2"|
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
-
==Entry title==
+
==Attempted PCR and Gel Electrophoresis Verification==
-
* Insert content here...
+
* In previous PCR runs, we did not obtain visible bands. We suspect that this was because the annealing time was not long enough. On Tuesday, we began another run of PCR with a 3 minute long annealing time. It was later discovered that the PCR cycle order was incorrect, so we then attempted to run the PCR again with the correct cycle orders. Today, we ran a gel on our PCR products to see if the PCR worked or not.
 +
We also began collecting buffers and the necessary materials for another DNA extraction for next week, where we will use the OpenWetWare extraction protocol.

Revision as of 16:34, 25 October 2012

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Attempted PCR and Gel Electrophoresis Verification

  • In previous PCR runs, we did not obtain visible bands. We suspect that this was because the annealing time was not long enough. On Tuesday, we began another run of PCR with a 3 minute long annealing time. It was later discovered that the PCR cycle order was incorrect, so we then attempted to run the PCR again with the correct cycle orders. Today, we ran a gel on our PCR products to see if the PCR worked or not.

We also began collecting buffers and the necessary materials for another DNA extraction for next week, where we will use the OpenWetWare extraction protocol.


Personal tools