From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Attempted PCR and Gel Electrophoresis Verification

  • In previous PCR runs, we did not obtain visible bands. We suspect that this was because the annealing time was not long enough. On Tuesday, we began another run of PCR with a 3 minute long annealing time. It was later discovered that the PCR cycle order was incorrect, so we then attempted to run the PCR again with the correct cycle orders. Today, we ran a gel on our PCR products to see if the PCR worked or not.

We also began collecting buffers and the necessary materials for another DNA extraction for next week, where we will use the OpenWetWare extraction protocol.

Personal tools