From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project24 | 2012 | 10
Revision as of 16:56, 29 November 2012 by PARUL Sirohi (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision (diff) | Newer revision→ (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Project Name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Title here

On Tuesday, We did agarose gel electrophoresis for PCR samples to check for amplification. we did not get any amplification in DNA samples however, we got the positive control band. We made an interpretation from the gel that may be primers did not bind at their specific sites or may be there is some problem in DNA sample. Since we are running out of our DNA sample, we decided to do the DNA extraction.This time we will be comparing two different protocols on parallel. One that we used before i.e, DNA extraction for E.coli chromosome and other that group 25 used which is, Bacterial Genomic DNA extraction protocol.

On Wednesday, we did the culture to grow the E. coli. cells in four flasks and incubated in shaker for overnight.

On Thursday, since we did not have enough killing buffer we did the extraction with the genomic DNA extraction protocol only. We put rest of the three culture flasks at 4ºC.We will do agarose gel electrophoresis for these DNA samples in our next lab.

Personal tools