840:153g:Projects/project26/2012/10/25

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Cloning of Atrolysin A Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

DNA Extraction

This week we continued our new (second) DNA extraction procedure. Tuesday we were able to see DNA with the naked eye in the solution we had made. Thursday we then ran a gel in the hopes that DNA was present. The gel on Thursday revealed: Image:10-25-12A.tif Of the three lanes, the lane on the left is sample 3 undigested, the middle lane is sample 1 digested, and the right lane is sample 3 digested. There are bands present in all three lanes which means that DNA is present. Sample 1 is the most concentrated and sample 3 is the most dilute one we have. The result showed up best on sample 3 so that is the one we are going to use for amplifying and the rest of the experiment.

Personal tools