|Cloning of Atrolysin A from Crotalus atrox|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
This week we continued our new (second) DNA extraction procedure. Tuesday we were able to see DNA with the naked eye in the solution we had made. Thursday we then ran a gel on that sample in the hopes that DNA would be present. The gel on Thursday revealed:
Of the three lanes, the lane on the left is sample 3 undigested, the middle lane is sample 1 digested, and the right lane is sample 3 digested. There are bands present in all three lanes which means that DNA is present. Sample 1 is the most concentrated and sample 3 is the most dilute one we have. The result showed up best on sample 3 so that is the one we are going to use for amplifying and the rest of the DNA will be stored at -80 degrees.