840:153g:Projects/project26/2012/11/08

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(PCR)
(PCR)
Line 7: Line 7:
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
==PCR ==
==PCR ==
-
This week We used our working primers to try and make a PCR product. Our first trial was a fail so we Then added a higher concentration of DNA and lowered our annealing temps these we are hoping allow for a positive DNA results. We also this week isolated our plasmid BBa_I0500 from our vector. We ran the DNA on a gel and got to see if the DNA was present or not. If present we will then be able to add our bio brick parts and incorporate our DNA in the plasmid.
+
This week We used our working primers to try and make a PCR product. Our first trial was a fail so we Then added a higher concentration of DNA and lowered our annealing temps these we are hoping allow for a positive DNA results. We also this week isolated our plasmid BBa_I0500 which is 1210 Bp long, from our vector. We ran the DNA on a gel and got to see if the DNA was present or not. And there was faint banding around 1200 bp which is a good sign. If present we will then be able to add our bio brick parts and incorporate our DNA in the plasmid.

Revision as of 18:12, 8 November 2012

Cloning of Atrolysin A Main Project Page
Previous entry      Next entry

PCR

This week We used our working primers to try and make a PCR product. Our first trial was a fail so we Then added a higher concentration of DNA and lowered our annealing temps these we are hoping allow for a positive DNA results. We also this week isolated our plasmid BBa_I0500 which is 1210 Bp long, from our vector. We ran the DNA on a gel and got to see if the DNA was present or not. And there was faint banding around 1200 bp which is a good sign. If present we will then be able to add our bio brick parts and incorporate our DNA in the plasmid.


Personal tools