From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Cloning of Atrolysin A Main Project Page
Previous entry      Next entry


This week We used our working primers to try and make a PCR product. Our first trial was a fail so we Then added a higher concentration of DNA and lowered our annealing temps these we are hoping allow for a positive DNA results. We also this week isolated our plasmid BBa_I0500 which is 1210 Bp long, from our vector. We ran the DNA on a gel and got to see if the DNA was present or not. And there was faint banding around 1200 bp which is a good sign. If present we will then be able to add our bio brick parts and incorporate our DNA in the plasmid.


Starting from the left: there is the positive control, negative control, E3, A3, Ladder, E2, A2, E1, A1. No bands showed up on the gel meaning that there was no amplification.


This gel is of the plasmid DNA. Starting from the left is: K4, K3, Ladder, K2, K1. The bands that showed up were light, but present. They showed up around the 1200 bp mark.

Personal tools