840:153g:Projects/project26/2012/11/15

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Cloning of Atrolysin A Main Project Page
Previous entry      Next entry

PCR with modifications

This week we ran multipule gels to see if we could get banding of our DNA. In both gels we ran no banding was found. We ran with higher concentratiions of DNA. We went from 5ul to 8ul. We also had to change DNA samples which might have effected our results. We were running with DNA sample 3 which had the best banding, but had to switch to DNA samples 1 and 2. We also attempted to make a digestion of our plasmid DNA for future classes to use.

Image:nov 15A.tif

Starting from the left to right: the first lane is the positive control, negative control, A5, A4, 1000 bp ladder, A3, A2, A1. The A1 sample was in the PCR at 65 degrees C, A2 at 61 degrees, A3 at 57 degrees, A4 at 48.8 degrees, and A5 and the controls were at 45 degrees. There were no bands that appeared except for the positive control.

Personal tools