Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences / Pharmacogenomics Unit
Wolfgang Pauli-Strasse 10
Google Maps link
- 12-2011: Molecular Life Sciences, Ph.D., ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 03-2007: Medical Biochemistry, M.Sc., University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 07-2004: Molecular Biotechnology, B.Sc., Technical University of Munich, Germany
I am interested in post-transcriptional regulatory networks, particularly the regulation of mRNA translation, localization and stability by RNA-binding proteins and non-coding RNAs. In our lab we are studying the dynamics of mRNPs in yeast and human cell lines, and we hope that our work will contribute to the deciphering of the "mRNP code".
I am a grad student in the Gerber Lab at the ETH Zurich, working on post-transcriptional gene regulation, and was recruited through the Molecular Life Sciences program of the Life Science Zurich Graduate School.
Tentative title of the project: "Systematic Analysis of the Crosstalk between Regulatory RNA-Binding Proteins and the MicroRNA Machinery".
I am an initiator of the RNA Club Zurich and the (currently defunct) Zurich-based "Web Utilities and Software Seminar". Furthermore I maintain the web presence of the Gerber Lab (currently moving to the UK).
- 2004-2005 - Seppen Lab, AMC Liver Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands: "Lentiviral Gene Transfer of Chemically Inducible Hepatocyte Growth Factor Receptor and Liver Re-Targeting of Lentiviral Particles" / Supervisors: Dr. Jurgen Seppen, Prof. Ronald P.J. Oude-Elferink
- 2004 - Skerra Lab, Institute of Biological Chemistry, Technical University of Munich, Germany: "Production and characterization of the enzymatically active domain of the endolysine Ply500 isolated from Listeria monocytogenes-bacteriophage A 500" / Supervisors: Dr. Ingo P. Korndörfer, Prof. Arne Skerra
Error fetching PMID 18776931:
Error fetching PMID 18560152:
Error fetching PMID 17630838:
- Kanitz A and Gerber AP. Circuitry of mRNA regulation. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Systems Biology and Medicine 2009 Sep 30. doi: 10.1002/wsbm.55
- Error fetching PMID 18776931:
- Error fetching PMID 18560152:
- Error fetching PMID 17630838:
Countries I have visited.