Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences / Pharmacogenomics Unit
Wolfgang Pauli-Strasse 10
Google Maps link
- 12-2011: Molecular Life Sciences, Ph.D., ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 03-2007: Medical Biochemistry, M.Sc., University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 07-2004: Molecular Biotechnology, B.Sc., Technical University of Munich, Germany
Profound knowledge of gene regulatory systems and networks with a particular focus on post-transcriptional gene regulation; strong background in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology; familiarity with bioinformatics and biotechnology concepts and methods
- 11-2007 – 12-2011: Pharmacogenomics Unit, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Supervision: Prof. Dr. André Gerber, Prof. Dr. Michael Detmar
Project title: “Tools and strategies for the unraveling of post-transcriptional gene regulatory networks”
- 12-2006 – 02-2007: Swammerdam Institute of Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Supervision: Prof. Dr. Stanley Brul, Dr. Hans van der Spek
Project title: “Status, complications and future prospects of highly active antiretroviral therapy”
- 02-2006 – 07-2006: Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore
Supervision: Prof. Dr. Vinay Tergaonkar
Project title: “Characterization of a putative IKK2 in Danio Rerio”
- 10-2004 – 09-2005: Department of Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Supervision: Prof. Dr. Jurgen Seppen
Project titles: ”Lentiviral gene transfer of chemically inducible hepatocyte growth factor receptor” and “Liver re-targeting of lentiviral particles”
- 03-2004 – 07-2004: Institute of Biological Chemistry, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Supervision: Prof. Dr. Arne Skerra, Dr. habil. Ingo Korndörfer
Project title: ”Production and characterization of the enzymatically active domain of the endolysine Ply500 isolated from Listeria monocytogenes bacteriophage A 500”
- 08-2003 – 10-2003 & 07-2004 – 08-2004: Traineeships Research and Development at Micromet, Inc., Munich, Germany
I am a grad student in the Gerber Lab at the ETH Zurich, working on post-transcriptional gene regulation, and was recruited through the Molecular Life Sciences program of the Life Science Zurich Graduate School.
Tentative title of the project: "Systematic Analysis of the Crosstalk between Regulatory RNA-Binding Proteins and the MicroRNA Machinery".
I am an initiator of the RNA Club Zurich and the (currently defunct) Zurich-based "Web Utilities and Software Seminar". Furthermore I maintain the web presence of the Gerber Lab (currently moving to the UK).
- 2004-2005 - Seppen Lab, AMC Liver Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands: "Lentiviral Gene Transfer of Chemically Inducible Hepatocyte Growth Factor Receptor and Liver Re-Targeting of Lentiviral Particles" / Supervisors: Dr. Jurgen Seppen, Prof. Ronald P.J. Oude-Elferink
- 2004 - Skerra Lab, Institute of Biological Chemistry, Technical University of Munich, Germany: "Production and characterization of the enzymatically active domain of the endolysine Ply500 isolated from Listeria monocytogenes-bacteriophage A 500" / Supervisors: Dr. Ingo P. Korndörfer, Prof. Arne Skerra
- Kanitz A and Gerber AP. Circuitry of mRNA regulation. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Systems Biology and Medicine 2009 Sep 30. doi: 10.1002/wsbm.55
- Galgano A, Forrer M, Jaskiewicz L, Kanitz A, Zavolan M, and Gerber AP. . pmid:18776931.
- Korndörfer IP, Kanitz A, Danzer J, Zimmer M, Loessner MJ, and Skerra A. . pmid:18560152.
- Markusic DM, Kanitz A, Oude-Elferink RP, and Seppen J. . pmid:17630838.
Countries I have visited.