Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences / Pharmacogenomics Unit
Wolfgang Pauli-Strasse 10
Google Maps link
Molecular Life Sciences, Ph.D., ETH Zurich, Switzerland (December 2011)
Medical Biochemistry, M.Sc., University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands (March 2007)
Molecular Biotechnology, B.Sc., Technical University of Munich, Germany (July 2004)
Profound knowledge of gene regulatory systems and networks with a particular focus on post-transcriptional gene regulation; strong background in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology; familiarity with bioinformatics and biotechnology concepts and methods
11-2007 – 12-2011
Pharmacogenomics Unit, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Supervision: Prof. Dr. André Gerber, Prof. Dr. Michael Detmar
Project title: “Tools and strategies for the unraveling of post-transcriptional gene regulatory networks”
12-2006 – 02-2007
Swammerdam Institute of Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Supervision: Prof. Dr. Stanley Brul, Dr. Hans van der Spek
Project title: “Status, complications and future prospects of highly active antiretroviral therapy”
02-2006 – 07-2006
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore
Supervision: Prof. Dr. Vinay Tergaonkar
Project title: “Characterization of a putative IKK2 in Danio Rerio”
10-2004 – 09-2005
Department of Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Supervision: Prof. Dr. Jurgen Seppen
Project titles: ”Lentiviral gene transfer of chemically inducible hepatocyte growth factor receptor” and “Liver re-targeting of lentiviral particles”
03-2004 – 07-2004
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Supervision: Prof. Dr. Arne Skerra, Dr. habil. Ingo Korndörfer
Project title: ”Production and characterization of the enzymatically active domain of the endolysine Ply500 isolated from Listeria monocytogenes bacteriophage A 500”
08-2003 – 10-2003 & 07-2004 – 08-2004
Traineeships Research and Development at Micromet, Inc., Munich, Germany
I am currently looking for a post-doc position that allows me to apply and further develop my bioinformatics skills, ideally for the description of gene regulatory networks.
- 2004-2005 - Seppen Lab, AMC Liver Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands: "Lentiviral Gene Transfer of Chemically Inducible Hepatocyte Growth Factor Receptor and Liver Re-Targeting of Lentiviral Particles" / Supervisors: Dr. Jurgen Seppen, Prof. Ronald P.J. Oude-Elferink
- 2004 - Skerra Lab, Institute of Biological Chemistry, Technical University of Munich, Germany: "Production and characterization of the enzymatically active domain of the endolysine Ply500 isolated from Listeria monocytogenes-bacteriophage A 500" / Supervisors: Dr. Ingo P. Korndörfer, Prof. Arne Skerra
- Kanitz A and Gerber AP. Circuitry of mRNA regulation. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Systems Biology and Medicine 2009 Sep 30. doi: 10.1002/wsbm.55
- Galgano A, Forrer M, Jaskiewicz L, Kanitz A, Zavolan M, and Gerber AP. . pmid:18776931.
- Korndörfer IP, Kanitz A, Danzer J, Zimmer M, Loessner MJ, and Skerra A. . pmid:18560152.
- Markusic DM, Kanitz A, Oude-Elferink RP, and Seppen J. . pmid:17630838.
Countries I have visited.