Artificial transcriptional terminators
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 15:13, 17 August 2006
The majority of transcriptional terminators have a G+C rich stem of 7(+/-1)bp and a loop of 4(+/-1) nucleodtides followed by a poly(U) tail. Two common loops are UUCG and GAAA, both of which are known to increase RNA hairpin stability. The sequence GCGGG(G) is a common sequence found on the 3' arm of the stem. [d'Aubenton 90]
- side note*
Several sources [Reynolds 92, Chamberlin 79] measured the termination effiecency(TE) of T7Te at around 90%. However, effiency for the biobricks part BBa_B0012, also T7Te, is around 30%. T7Te has a very short poly(U) tail and requires the further downstream sequence for effiecent termination [Reynolds 92], and this further downstream sequence is lacking in BBa_B0012. If the sequence for BBa_B0012 is lengthened to include this downstream segment, then the TE of part should be improved.
- Abe H and Aiba H. . pmid:9150882.
- d'Aubenton Carafa Y, Brody E, and Thermes C. . pmid:1702475.
- Brendel V, Hamm GH, and Trifonov EN. . pmid:3078109.
- Cheng SW, Lynch EC, Leason KR, Court DL, Shapiro BA, and Friedman DI. . pmid:1835546.
- Christie GE, Farnham PJ, and Platt T. . pmid:7027254.
- Ermolaeva MD, Khalak HG, White O, Smith HO, and Salzberg SL. . pmid:10926490.
- Lesnik EA, Sampath R, Levene HB, Henderson TJ, McNeil JA, and Ecker DJ. . pmid:11522828.
- Lynn SP, Kasper LM, and Gardner JF. . pmid:2961747.
- Petrillo M, Silvestro G, Di Nocera PP, Boccia A, and Paolella G. . pmid:16820051.
- Reynolds R, Bermúdez-Cruz RM, and Chamberlin MJ. . pmid:1372365.
- Reynolds R and Chamberlin MJ. . pmid:1372366.
- Unniraman S, Prakash R, and Nagaraja V. . pmid:11809879.
- Uptain SM and Chamberlin MJ. . pmid:9391063.
- von Hippel PH and Yager TD. . pmid:1536005.
- Wilson KS and von Hippel PH. . pmid:7966320.
- Wilson KS and von Hippel PH. . pmid:7568019.
- Yager TD and von Hippel PH. . pmid:1703438.