Kathryn Armstrong, Ricardo Brau, Diana Chai, Ben Cosgrove, Jordan Green, Maxine Jonas, Megan McBee,
Hyungdo Kim, Nate Tedford.
Elections of the 2005-2006 BE Board
- Nominations for the offices of the 2005-2006 Biological Engineering Graduate Student Board are now open.
- Students can nominate either themselves or others to one or more positions on the BE Board by emailing HD: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations will be open until August 10, 2005 at 11:59 pm. Elections will be held the following day via online balloting (more
information will be sent prior to elections).
- A short paragraph explaining the candidates’ motivations and qualifications may be asked for.
Social Events (Kathryn, Megan & Nate)
- A BE/ChemE BBQ (co-sponsored by the BE Division) will take place on Friday, August 12, 2005.
- The theme of this event will be American Gladiators, and the food will be catered from Red Bones.
End of the Year Survey (Ben & Nick)
- An end-of-the-year survey will be distributed online this August with the help of Aran Parillo.
Community Service (Diana & Bree)
- The MIT Public Service Center would like to introduce this group to the BE Board, to present us the wide range of services and
opportunities they provide for graduate students and to solicit our feedback on what additional services they should provide and
what possible cooperative initiatives could be envisioned.
- The 2005-2006 BE Board will promptly contact them to organize a meeting.
Mediation Committee (Samantha & Charles)
- Since no more official formation program is offered for mediators, the BE Division will not pursue its own mediation committee but rather rely on MIT’s Institute-wide one.