BIOL368/F11:Class Journal Week 1
- I took Biological Databases last year with Dr. Dahlquist so that is how I know about Bioinformatics.
- I would like to learn how it ties all the -omes together.
- Well I hope to get a good grade, but I also want to learn about HIV because it is such an important issue in the world today.
Zeb Russo 18:37, 31 August 2011 (EDT)
Robert W Arnold
- I was referred to Bioinformatics by Dr. Drennan.
- I am interested to learn much more about genomics.
- I want to get a good grade while enjoying the material we learn throughout the semester. I hope this class will open my eyes to a side of biology I haven't studied much until now.
Robert W Arnold 18:56, 31 August 2011 (EDT)
Samantha M. Hurndon
- I was referred to Bioinformatics by Dr. Dahlquist after I took her cell function lecture.
- I would like to be able to navigate through these computer programs much faster than I do now and I would also like to have a better understand of bioinformatics in general because I feel it is a very important field.
- I am very excited that we are focusing on HIV, because this is something that I would like to have more knowledge of.
Samantha M. Hurndon 19:21, 31 August 2011 (EDT)
Alex A. Cardenas
- Dr. Dahlquist informed me of bioinformatics last semester.
- I would like to learn more about the study and uses of bioinformatics.
- A goal of mine is to experiment well and to apply bioinformatics to other biology classes that I have experience in.
Alex A. Cardenas 19:49, 31 August 2011 (EDT)
Isaiah M. Castaneda
- During Biol 112 lab I heard one of the LMU lab technicians mention something about bioinformatics. Aside from that I had not really heard anything about it.
- I would like to learn about and how to properly use some of the programs that are prominent in the pursuit of bioinformatics.
- I hope to do well, properly perform all assigned tasks, add new skills to my repertoire, and learn more about HIV than the average person.
- Okay! :)
Isaiah M. Castaneda 19:57, 31 August 2011 (EDT)
- My first introduction to bioinformatics was last year working with the genomic sequence of a bacteriophage as part of the HHMI Discovery Lab
- I'd like to know how bioinformatics can be applied to genetic engineering
- I hope to gain a deep enough understanding of bioinformatics and data interpretation to be able to successfully apply it to future research and projects. I also hope to get a real research experience out of the class.
Chris H. Rhodes 21:17, 31 August 2011 (EDT)