BIOL368/F11:Class Journal Week 10
- The purpose of the reading was to familiarize ourselves with the history, function, and relevance of DNA Microarrays. It also taught us how to interpret and draw conclusions from the data that we receive from DNA Microarrays.
- I learned how DNA Microarrays can be utilized and applied for many different and diverse areas of studies. They can be very particularly useful for answering questions about gene interactivity and studying the transcriptome of the cell.
- I feel like there's probably a lot of things I still don't know about the uses and applications of DNA Microarrays however I probably won't come up with any particular questions about them until I've done more work interpreting and studying them for the final project.
Chris H. Rhodes 20:37, 7 November 2011 (EST)
Samantha M. Hurndon
- What was the purpose of these readings? The reading was assigned to introduce us to DNA Microarrays so that we can adequately carry-out our research assignments on Microarrays. After reading the papers we can now understand and be able to interpret data from DNA Microarrays.
- What did I learn from these readings? I learned what a DNA Microarray is and how it can be used for determining expression of genes. I also learned how to draw conclusions from Microarray data.
- What did I not understand (yet) about the readings? I don't have any questions at the moment, I feel like the papers assigned gave a great deal of information and any lingering question I have can be found in the papers for now.
Samantha M. Hurndon 00:41, 8 November 2011 (EST)