BIOL368/F11:Class Journal Week 3
- I am becoming more comfortable when working with online databases and tools during the in-class activity. It was hard starting off and getting use to some of the programs especially when dealing with all this information. Just working with the online databases would help increase my comfort level more.
- The easiest aspect of reading and understanding the article was the beginning. The abstract helped in that it gave an overview of article.
- The most difficult aspect of reading and understand the article was the vast majority of information given and trying to recall every detail and method that was used. Some of the wording was difficult as well.
Alex A. Cardenas 19:56, 20 September 2011 (EDT)
- Having spent my last semester working with bioinformatics tools and databases such as GenBank, Apollo, GBrowser, Consed, and Blast for HHMI I'm very comfortable using online databases, but of course there are still plenty of tools and databases I've never had any experience with so there's always more to learn.
- I think the easiest aspect of reading the Markham paper was probably the results and discussion sections. Unlike the other sections that were very protocol heavy and contained a lot of science speak the results and discussion sections were presented in a much more understandable and followable way.
- As I kind of said above the most difficult part of reading the paper was cutting through all the mysterious science terms. It's hard to actually be able to interpret what they're telling you and keep a steady forward flow when you have to consult a dictionary every other sentence.
Chris H. Rhodes 23:06, 20 September 2011 (EDT)