BIOL368/F11:Class Journal Week 6
Robert W Arnold
- I would be interested in playing this game because I enjoy problem solving. Also, it was for a good cause. I think it is awesome to see that gamers were able to figure something out that has stumped some brilliant researchers and scientists for a long time. This certainly gives some credibility to gamers.
- Of course. I think interactive learning is one of the best ways to learn material. I believe when you are actively involved with the subject you will learn and retain the most information. In this case, with protein structure, you are able to play a game that helps you understand the basics and then takes you up to the complete levels of protein folding. I think this could be a great tool for students.
Robert W Arnold 19:04, 5 October 2011 (EDT)
- I would be interested in playing the protein structure game simply because I like video games and I like biology and it would be an interesting way to combine my two interests.
- They probably could help someone learn about protein structure, but I would hope that the tutorial is really good because I feel like the learning curve for this game would be very steep.
Zeb Russo 18:26, 5 October 2011 (EDT)
==Samantha M. Hurndon
- I am not a video game type person, however I think I would really enjoy playing a game that I knew was helping me learn. So yes, I would be very interested in playing this!
- I think that this would help students learn because as long as instructions were explained well. I like that it starts at a lower level and increases to harder levels. I think students would enjoy playing this game and it could really help to retain information.
Alex A. Cardenas
- I would very much be interested in playing this game simply because I like games. It is always fun trying to figure something out especially when it is game oriented.
- I believe that games like this could assist me in learning about protein structure. The only problem that lies in my way is figuring out how to play it which could take a while. In addition to this, I agree with the article in that schools should make games like this to teach math and science are taught in the education system. I feel that with more games like this, many discoveries could be made.