This journal entry is due on Wednesday, September 14 at midnight PDT (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning). NOTE that the server records the time as Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Therefore, midnight will register as 03:00.
Individual Journal Assignment
- Store this journal entry as "username Week 2" (i.e., this is the text to place between the square brackets when you link to this page).
- Create the following set of links. (HINT: you can do all of this easily by adding them to your template and then using the template on your pages.)
- Link to your journal entry from your user page.
- Link back from your journal entry to your user page.
- Link to this assignment from your journal entry.
- Don't forget to add the "BIOL368/F11" category to the end of your wiki page.
Electronic Lab Notebook
Complete your electronic notebook for your assigned part of the BIOL368/F11:Molecular Genetics Explorer project on your individual journal page. Your notebook entry should contain:
- Your methods: what did you actually do? Give a step by step account.
- Your results: the answers to the questions in the protocol, plus any other results you gathered
- A scientific conclusion: what was your main finding for today's project?
Although you will have assigned partner(s), you will need to fill out your own individual journal page.
Shared Journal Assignment
- Store your journal entry in the shared BIOL368/F11:Class Journal Week 2 page. If this page does not exist yet, go ahead and create it (congratulations on getting in first :) )
- Link to the shared journal entry from your user page.
- Link the shared journal page to this assignment page.
- Sign your portion of the journal with the standard wiki signature shortcut (
- Add the "BIOL368/F11" category to the end of the wiki page (if someone has not already done so).
Answer these questions on the shared page:
- What was the purpose of this assignment?
- What did I learn from this assignment?
- What did I not understand (yet) about this assignment?