(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 18:40, 28 September 2011
This journal entry is due on Wednesday, September 21 at midnight PDT (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning). NOTE that the server records the time as Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Therefore, midnight will register as 03:00.
Individual Journal Assignment
- Store this journal entry as "username Week 3" (i.e., this is the text to place between the square brackets when you link to this page).
- Create the following set of links. (HINT: you can do all of this easily by adding them to your template and then using the template on your pages.)
- Link to your journal entry from your user page.
- Link back from your journal entry to your user page.
- Link to this assignment from your journal entry.
- Don't forget to add the "BIOL368/F11" category to the end of your wiki page.
Electronic Lab Notebook
Complete your electronic notebook for this week's part of the BIOL368/F11:HIV Evolution project on your individual journal page. Your notebook entry should contain:
- Record your methods, results, and interpretations for the In-class Activity using the Exploring HIV Evolution handout on your individual journal page (an electronic copy of this handout is available on the MyLMU Connect site).
- Activity 1/Part 2 starting on page 139
- Activity 1/Part 3
- Activity 2/Part 1
- Activity 2/Part 2 ending on page 145
- Answer the questions throughout the handout on your individual journal page, recording your methods and any files, data, and screenshots that you use to complete the exercise..
- Complete the preparation for the Week 4 Journal Club on your individual journal page. In short, you need to:
- Prepare your list of 10 vocabulary words and definitions
- Outline the article.
- Prepare what you are going to say for your assigned figure/table during the presentation in class.
Although you will have assigned partner(s), you will need to fill out your own individual journal page with your own work.
Shared Journal Assignment
- Store your journal entry in the shared BIOL368/F11:Class Journal Week 3 page. If this page does not exist yet, go ahead and create it (congratulations on getting in first :) )
- Link to the shared journal entry from your user page.
- Link the shared journal page to this assignment page.
- Sign your portion of the journal with the standard wiki signature shortcut (
- Add the "BIOL368/F11" category to the end of the wiki page (if someone has not already done so).
Answer these questions on the shared page:
- What is your comfort level when working with the online databases and tools during the in-class activity? What would increase your comfort level?
- What was the easiest aspect of reading/understanding the Markham et al. (1998) article?
- What was the most difficult aspect of reading/understanding the Markham et al. (1998) article?