BIOL398-01/S10:Class Journal Week 6
- The purpose of the assignment this week was to begin working on our experiments that we had begun last week. I started by downloading the raw data visit from my subjects and using the biology workbench and the clustdist tools to generate unrooted trees. This was followed by graphing the T-Cell decline from the raw data excel graphs. After this time was spent to see the similarities between our new paper and how it related to our study.
- What I learned from this week just more of getting comfortable with Biology workbench as well as analyzing data in different ways.
- For the most part I understand everything so far, i'm just trying to make sure that the connections between papers are clear
KP Ramirez 2:37 February 28 2010
- The purpose of this week's assignment was to begin analyzing the data we acquired last week and to begin to think about the organization and flow of our presentation. We also were able to see the fruit of our work through the results we obtained.
- What I learned from this week was how to work well with my partner (who is awesome, by the way). I also learned the results of our analysis and since we did have significant differences between our groups, this was exciting! Additionally, I learned that research is imperfect, even in bioinformatics. I was surprised by some of the issues we found with the Markham article analysis. For example, KP and I realized that there were many missing data points and also that not all of the data was presented in the original article, which surprised us.
- I understand a lot more about the data today than I did last week, having delved into it quite a bit now.
Janelle N. Ruiz 20:48, 28 February 2010 (EST)