BIOL398-03/S13:Class Journal Week 11
(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 23:11, 29 March 2013
Laura Terada Week 3 Journal
- Overall, do you think this paper was clearly written? Why or why not?
- I thought the paper was overall clear. I was able to understand the introduction and the materials methods section easily. The subheadings in the results section also helped, and it served as a general outline of the paper. The only confusing part was that the paper discussed many different genes from different studies; however, the figures and tables helped to clarify the comparisons between the different datasets.
- Based on what is written in the methods section, do you think you could reproduce their experiments and data analysis?
- Yes- the authors gave a very detailed description of their culture parameters and which programs they used for data analysis.
- What else would you like to know about their methods, results, and future directions?
- I would like to know how this study could be used to analyze posttranscriptional modes of cellular regulation and what changes would need to be made or what other factors would need to be considered. Moreover, what exactly accounts for the differences in results between the batch cultures versus chemostat cultures? Is the only difference the fact that one is a more controlled environment? Also, are there different phases of long-term low temperature exposure/acclimation? Lastly, I would like to know how can these results on acclimation for yeast relate to more complex organisms.
Laura Terada 23:11, 29 March 2013 (EDT)