- Familiarize yourself with basic lab techniques such as serial dilutions.
Guidelines for maintaining your lab notebook
- How to maintain a good lab notebook.
Guidelines for oral presentations
- How to give a good oral presentation.
Guidelines for science writing
- How to write about your lab work as a scientific paper.
Guidelines for finding & citing sources
- How to use the Wellesley Library's electronic databases to find sources including Bergey's Manuals and The Prokaryotes:
- Link to Library Information: |Library Information
- Springer has a new interface for electronic access to the e-book form of The Prokaryotes available at
| Springer e-book THE PROKARYOTES. This new interface appears to have all of the content of all 7 volumes of The Prokaryotes. The interface also allow you to simultaneously search all of the volumes easily.
- The Springer interface can also be used to access Bergey's Manuals at | Bergey's Manuals.
- How to use Endnote Reference Management System to cite sources in any format
- Instructions for using EndNote Reference Management tool: download instructions here Media:Endnote.doc
Links to Labs