Blackburn:Yeast Colony PCR
This is a quick and easy yeast colony PCR protocol that does not require zymolyase step.
- Standard PCR machine, tubes*Qiagen Taq with Q-solution
- Taq Polymerase Kit with Q-solution
- A small yeast colony
- 0.02M NaOH (3uL per reaction)
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 2 has some additional information that goes with it. i.e. Keep at 4°C.
- Step 3
- Step 3 has multiple sub-steps within it.
- Enumerate each of those.
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding ('''~~~~''') to the end of your tip.
Relevant papers and books
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. . pmid:6947258.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.
- Who has experience with this protocol?