- Our project was to create an addressable cell-to-cell communication mechanism in e. coli.
The Sortostat is a microfluidic chemostat integrated with a cell sorter. My project consists of demonstrating the sortostat's chemostat functionality, a technique rarely seen in microfluidics.
- Debug all engineering-related problems with sortostat.
- Demonstrate Sortostat's ability to attain chemostasis in a population of E. Coli.
- Demonstrate Sortostat's ability to sort two phenotypically different populations of E. Coli. In this case, I will be using a mixture of E. Coli expressing CFP and YFP.
- Demostrate Sortostat's ability to select for an arbitrary population of cells that are phenotypically different from others and maintain this population at a steady state.
- UROP Proposal
- Chemostat Theory
- Sortostat/Growth Tests