- Due date: 15 February
- Description: Research a past iGEM project or current synthetic biology work
- 15 minute oral presentation
- PowerPoint presentation (to be posted on wiki)
- Presentation talking notes (to be posted on wiki)
- Due date: 28 March
- Description: In groups of two, develop a list of at least 6 BioBrick-based biological systems and propose two, in detail, for the 2008 VGEM Team's summer research project. For each of the two proposed, design a new BioBrick part or device and describe the larger system in which it would be used.
- Presentation outline/summary to be posted directly on our wiki
- 20 minute oral presentation
- Due date: 30 April
- Description: In a group, design an integrated biological system based the project ideas that were selected from the project 2 presentations.