Cadence Labs Synthetic Biology Tutorial
The first tutorial took place January 14, 2007. The purpose was simply to outline the current definition, status and challenges.
- Introduction: Adam Arkin
- Classical DNA Manipulation: Chris Anderson
- Parts: Computational Design of Protein Function: Tanja Kortemme
- Devices: Generic Design of Protein Interaction via Protein Scaffolds
- Systems: Therapeutic Bacteria: Chris Anderson
- Characterization and Systems: Adam Arkin
- Scale up of Manufacture: Chris Anderson
- Molecular Design
- Optimization of Proteins for Multiple Fitness Criteria: Humphris & Kortemme
- Review Article on Molecular Design of Protein Interfaces: Kortemme & Baker; "Computational design of protein–protein interactions", Current Opinion in Chemical Biology, Volume 8, Issue 1, February 2004, Pages 91-97, doi:10.1016/j.cbpa.2003.12.008.
- Optimization Methods: Voigt et al., "Trading accuracy for speed: a quantitative comparison of search algorithms in protein sequence design", Journal of Molecular Biology, Volume 299, Issue 3, 9 June 2000, Pages 789-803; doi:10.1006/jmbi.2000.3758.