- Group photo - Marty's Capstone presentation - April 2012
- Peter Chien, Ph.D.
Current Lab Members
- Nousheen Hamid Bhat, Ph.D. is developing new methodologies for discovery of novel ClpXP substrates.
- Joanne Lau (Graduate Student, Micro Program) is currently identifying regions of ClpXP regulators critical for their function.
- Jing Liu (Graduate Student, MCB) is studying how factors important for DNA replication are degraded.
- Robert Vass (Masters Student, MCB) is discovering how ClpXP processes proteins during cell-cycle.
- Amber Cantin (Masters Student, BMB) is uncovering the molecular mechanisms of regulated degradation by ClpXP.
- Paula Muhlnickel (Masters Diploma Student, Ruhr University, Germany) is structurally deciphering how substrates and adaptors interact.
- Claudine Mapa (class of 2012, BMB major) is working on understanding how protein degradation couples developmental decisions and environmental cues.
- Patrick Stoddard(class of 2012, BMB major) is understanding cells how domains of ClpXP regulate specificity and activity.
- Martin Susskind (class of 2012, BMB major) is defining the minimal components needed for regulated degradation of ClpXP substrates.
- Brian Shin (class of 2013, Biology major) is a work-study student in the lab.
- Ying Zhang (class of 2013, BMB major) is working to understand common features of response regulators in different pathways.
- Daniel DiCorpo (class of 2013, BMB major) is determining how cells respond to unbalanced protein degradation.
- Justin Li (class of 2014, BMB major) just joined the lab.
- Nathan Colon (PREP program) - is working to understand an extended role for substrate oligomerization.
- Laura I Francis (senior advisor) - provides needed guidance, insight, and general sanity.
Previous Lab Members
- Nathan Colon, undergraduate (Spring 2010)/technican (Summer 2010), graduated 2010, BMB. - Current position: PREP program.
- Laura I Francis, Ph.D. (postdoc 2010-2011) is now an instructor with the Biology Department here at UMass.
- Keith Rood (Masters Student, BMB) has graduated - current position: Sasisekharan Lab at Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research (MIT).
- Kamal Joshi (MCB) was a rotation student in the lab - Fall 2011.
- Sid Advani (MCB) was a rotation student in the lab - Fall 2011.