Clicker in the life sciences (audience response systems)
Clicker, zappers, or audience response systems (ARS) are interactive devices that are becoming more popular in the life sciences to turn for example a frontal lecture into a more interactive learning experience. Clickers enable the lecturer to ask questions and see the audience answers live on screen, allowing for immediate adjustment of content, speed, and direction.
- eInstruction CPS Pulse €43 (+€150 for receiver, no software charges)
- Qwizdom Q6 €55/$70 ()
- TurningPoint ResponseCard RF LCD €53 (+180€ for receiver, no software charges)
Estimates are from 11-2012. Prices per response unit and rounded and academic discount where available. Companies may charge for receiver and software in addition to the clickers.
- Comtec http://www.comtecars.com
- eInstruction http://www.einstruction.com
- iClicker http://www.iclicker.com
- Interwrite PRS http://www.interwritelearning.com
- Qwizdom http://www.qwizdom.com
- TurningPoint http://www.turningtechnologies.com