- SC 15:16, 19 June 2012 (EDT):
Standard DNA ligation using NEB T4 ligase to form a vector.
For a 10 μL ligation reaction:
- 7 μL linker dsDNA (either 100nM standard concentration linker hybridization product or standard digested and purified PCR product, which is usually ~100nM)
- 0.5 μL backbone dsDNA (usually ~10 nM) (Note: ratio of backbone to linker should be 10-20:1. The specific amounts of linker and backbone dsDNAs may need to be adjusted to keep this ratio for non-standard concentrations)
- 1 μL 10X ligation buffer
- 1 μL 10mg/ml BSA
- 0.5 μL T4 ligase
- Add the reaction components together in order listed above. Mix gently and spin.
- Incubate 16 °C overnight (8 hr minimum).
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
Relevant papers, books, and websites
or instead, discuss this protocol.