Corum:Whole Plasmid PCR
Whole plasmid PCR protocol using PFU Ultra DNA polymerase.
For a 50 μL whole plasmid PCR PCR reaction:
- 36 μL H2O
- 5 μL 10X PFU Ultra PCR buffer
- 5 μL 2mM (each) dNTP mix
- 1 μL 5nM plasmid template (0.1 nM final)
- 1 μL 10μM sense primer (200nM final)
- 1 μL 10μM antisense primer (200nM final)
- 1 μL PFU Ultra DNA polyermerase
- In a PCR tube, mix the components on ice in the order they are listed above.
- Perform the following thermocycling program:
- 95 °C 1 min
- 95 °C 30 s
- TH = 55 °C 30 s
- 72 °C 2 min for each 1 kb PCR product
- Repeat steps 2-4 a total of 12-36 times (24 is standard).
- 72 °C 20 min
- 12 °C hold
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
Relevant papers and books
- Sambrook, J and Russell, DW (2001) Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual (Volume II) - Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press ISBN 0879695773
- Sean P Corum
- SC 17:44, 18 June 2012 (EDT):
or instead, discuss this protocol.