12/13/2009 DIYbio-Boston meetup
todo: need better system for notes
- logos: 5-10 useful icons
- safety badge brainstorming
- tix to outlaw bio
- demo @ outlaw bio brainstorming
- playing with electrophoresis
- Charlie wants to write diybio-safety stuff on a wiki somewhere
- openwetware? http://openwetware.org/wiki/DIYbio/FAQ/Safety
- meetup at epic manor on Wed dec 16 for brainstorming
- markerboards + beer
- what are you doing?
- sentence-length + link
- what are the risks?
- How are you managing them?
- how do you dispose of the waste
- links to helpful resources
- materials list
- Safety logo - just one
- not an endorsement
- conveys I thought about it
- recycle logo; look before you leap; suggests recursion
- no biohazard! too scary
- preflight checklist
- says registered + date
- a progress bar?
BOSSlab at cambridge science fest
when: april 24-25 2010
where: BOSSLab & @ Sprout
Synopsis: Explore your own genome with DIYbio Boston at the Boston Open Source Science Lab! In this workshop, you'll amplify a fragment of one of your genes and examine it with PCR for mutations. The whole procedure takes about 6 hours and can be broken up over 2 days. Come get to know your own genome better with us at the BOSSlab!