Replace this sentence with a brief description of the protocol and its goal.
List reagents, supplies and equipment necessary to perform the protocol here. For those materials which have their own OWW pages, link to that page. Alternatively, links to the suppliers' page on that material are also appropriate.
- 3M NaOAc pH 5.2
- EtOH 95%
- Glycogen (optional)
- 1/10 volume NaOAc.
- 1ul Glycogen.
- 2 volumes EtOH.
- -20°C overnight or 30min -80°C.
-20°C for one hour is plenty for large quantities (1mL bacterial culture, plasmid) of DNA.
- Centrifuge >12k G for at least 15 mins.
- Remove supernatant
- Resuspend in desired volume of water/buffer
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
Relevant papers and books
Error fetching PMID 13718526:
- Error fetching PMID 6947258:
- Error fetching PMID 13718526:
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.