Replace this sentence with a brief description of the protocol and its goal.
List reagents, supplies and equipment necessary to perform the protocol here. For those materials which have their own OWW pages, link to that page. Alternatively, links to the suppliers' page on that material are also appropriate.
- 3M NaOAc pH 5.2
- EtOH 95%
- Glycogen (optional)
- 1/10 volume NaOAc.
- 1ul Glycogen.
- 2 volumes EtOH.
- -20°C overnight or 30min -80°C.
- Centrifuge >12k G for at least 15 mins.
- Remove supernatant
- Resuspend in desired volume of water/buffer
'''*~~~~''': -20°C for an hour is fine for using larger (1mL of bacterial culture, plasmid) amounts of DNA
The DNA pellet will not always be visible depending on how much DNA you are precipitating. So always take care in loading your samples in the centrifuge to remember the direction they are facing. The DNA pellet will be on the part of the tube facing the outside of the centrifuge.
Relevant papers and books
Error fetching PMID 13718526:
- Error fetching PMID 6947258:
- Error fetching PMID 13718526:
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.