Dahlquist:Yeast Transcription Factors
Dahlquist Lab Yeast Transcription Factor Resources
This page displays a compiled list of yeast transcription factor resources. Included are data on transcription factor target genes and transcription factor regulatory networks in yeast, links to web servers providing easy-to-use TF searches and other potentially helpful resources. I also added notes about what data I have gotten from each dataset for the Cin5p targets list.
TF Network Data
- TF-target interactions through DNA damage response
Measured binding locations of damage-related transcription factors (including Cin5) after exposure to MMS. Validated by checking against binding in knock-out strains for TFs. Downloaded the MMS- and Untreated ChIP datasets to be filtered for Cin5p targets.
- From Workman, Christopher T., et al. A systems approach to mapping DNA damage response pathways. Science 2006. 1054-1059. PubMed
- TF network though systematic deletions
Performed microarray analysis of knockout strains for many transcription factors and compared expression profiles to determine regulatory relationships. Allows distinguishing between activated and repressed transcription factor targets. Downloaded the filtered and unfiltered network.
- From Hu, Zhanzhi, et al. Genetic reconstruction of a functional transcriptional regulatory network. Nature Genetics 2007. 39:5. 683-687. PubMed
- Updated TF network to determine new relationships
Used improved algorithms to detect new regulatory relationships in the transcription factor network. Fig. 3 Shows that the effect on Cin5 was to gain approximately 10 new interactions and lose approximately two as compared to the older model. A figure of the new network was downloaded.
- From MacIsaac, Kenzie D., et al. An improved map of conserved regulatory sites for Saccharomyces cerevisiae. BMC Bioinformatics 2006, 7:113. PubMed
- MYBS Mining Yeast Binding Sites
The search regulatory associations function allows the user to input a list of genes of interest and search for candidate transcription factors that regulate the list of genes. Allows filtering according to multiple criteria.
- From Tsai, HK, et al. MYBS: A comprehensive web server for mining transcription factor binding sites in yeast. Nucleic Acids Research 2007. PubMed
- TFSVM Transcription Factor Support Vector Machine
Allows user to input either a single transcription factor to get a list of regulated target genes or a single gene to get a list of transcription factors that regulate that gene. Can also filter according to a threshold value. Downloaded the list of Cin5p targets with a threshold value >0.997.
- From Holloway, DT, et al. Classifying transcription factor targets and discovering relevant biological features. Biology Direct 2008. 3:22. PubMed
- YEASTRACT Yeast Search for Transcriptional Regulators and Consensus Tracking
Multiple tools are provided on this server. Those of interest include a search for regulatory relationships either by transcription factor or by target gene. Applies a different algorithm to find new regulatory relationships in previously published data from Lee, Harbison, Tan and Workman. Downloaded list of documented Cin5p targets.
- From Monteiro, PT, et al. YEASTRACT-DISCOVERER: new tools to improve analysis of transcriptional regulatory associations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Research 2008. PubMed
- ChIPCodis Mining of Regulatory Transcription Factor Data in Yeast
Allows the user to input a list of genes and provides list of candidate transcription factors that regulate. References either Harbison or MacIsaac data.
- From Abascal, F et al. ChIPCodis: mining complex regulatory systems in yeast by concurrent enrichment analysis of chip-on-chip data. Bioinformatics 2008. PubMed
Other Papers of Interest
- Cold Shock Temporal Network Data
Used new algoithm to construct temporal networks of yeast's response to various stresses, including cold shock. For cold shock data, the paper analyzes data from the Gash, et al. (2000) paper. Supplementary data has cold shock temporal response, but does not show any interactions between transcription factors and targets.
- From Ernst, J; Vainas, O; Harbison, CT; Simon, I; Bar-Joseph, Z. Reconstructing dynamic regulatory maps. Molecular Systems Biology 2007. PubMed