DataONE:Open Research Output Early Adopters Study
This DataONE OpenWetWare site contains informal notes for several research projects funded through DataONE. DataONE is a collaboration among many partner organizations, and is funded by the US National Science Foundation (NSF) under a Cooperative Agreement.
Template:Subset:Open Research Output Early Adopters Study/Entry Base
- Serial number
- Interviewer Server/HTML player
- Interviewer Server CATI / HTML player
- Interviewer Server CATI / TTY player
- Data Entry Player
- Completed successfully
- Active / In progress
- Timed out
- Stopped by script
- Stopped by respondent
- Interview system shutdown
- Stopped by signal
- Test data
- Interview start time
- Interview finish time
- Metadata version
- Interview termination signal
- Failed Experiments
- Other (please specify)
- No Answer
Q2: Is your information public or private?
Q3: How frequently do you upload materials?
Q4: Do you ever change or update what you have previously uploaded?
- I want to be cited for my contributions
- I want my output to be preserved into the future
- Figshare gives my finished products a DOI
- I need a place to store my work
- Figshare allows me to store information that wouldn‚Äôt be available to others otherwise
- My institution or someone I work with suggested I store things here
- I uploaded data because a journal publisher required data deposit related to my article
- Storing my work on Figshare makes it easily discoverable
- Figshare is cool
- It‚Äôs free
- I‚Äôm experimenting to see what Figshare is about
- I don‚Äôt have a disciplinary repository to which I can submit my data
- I don‚Äôt have a local / institutional repository to which I can submit my data
- Figshare presents my data effectively
- Other (please specify) 2
- No Answer 2
- Figures 2
- Tables 2
- Datasets 2
- Articles 2
- Methods 2
- Failed Experiments 2
- Other (please specify) 3
- None 2
- No Answer 3
Q7: How many of the things contributed by others have you found useful?
- Name of researcher / submitter
- Institutional affiliation of researcher / submitter
- Presence / quality of metadata
- Topic / discipline
- Other (please specify) 4
- No Answer 4
Q9: Why not download?
- I didn‚Äôt need it
- I don‚Äôt trust the quality
- It was not my subject area
- There was not enough information of interest to me
- Other (please specify) 5
- No Answer 5
How likely are you to use Figshare in the future?
Do you put your research data in multiple places?
Where is your research data stored?
What percentage of your research data is stored in places other than Figshare?
- Easy to use interface
- Easy to fill in metadata form
- Flexible licensing
- Ease of deposit process
- Trust in the repository managers
- Has been around for many years
- Other (please specify) 6
- No Answer 6
- I put the data in a different place (please specify)
- Lack of funding
- Lack of standards
- People don‚Äôt need them
- There is insufficient time to make them available
- There is no place to put them
- They shouldn‚Äôt be available
- Sponsor doesn‚Äôt require it
- Don‚Äôt have the rights to make the data public
- I would lose control of the data
- I need to publish first
- I have insufficient skills
- Other (please specify) 7
- There are no datasets that I didn‚Äôt upload to figshare
- No Answer 7
In what year were you born?
Which one of the following best describes your primary work sector?
What is your primary subject discipline?
- What is your primary subject discipline? 2
- What is your primary subject discipline? 3
- What is your primary subject discipline? 4
- What is your primary subject discipline? 5
- What is your primary subject discipline? 6
- What is your primary subject discipline? 7
- What is your primary subject discipline? 8
- What is your primary subject discipline? 9
- What is your primary subject discipline? 10
- What is your primary subject discipline? 11
- What is your primary subject discipline? 12
- What is your primary subject discipline? 13
Which country is your primary place of employment?
Please also indicate your primary state (or US territory) of employment
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing.
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 2
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 3
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 4
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 5
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 6