Our research revolves around two broad themes:
- Understanding growth and patterning of tissues in relation to function.
- Investigating altered genetic control mechanisms, and identifying opportunities for therapeutic intervention in developmentally abnormal and malignant tissues.
We focus on several research areas:
- Developmental Biology of the kidney and urinary tract, and renal-coloboma syndrome.
- Modeling of genetic disease and analysis of the underlying defect.
- Cell survival during development.
- Cell survival mechanisms in cancer and therapeutic targets for cancer treatment.