From OpenWetWareAdd to My Links
1. Current specifications our backup system
Most people use Bionet to backup their files.
- Space occupied:
- Space available:
- Where is it physically located?
- Are Bionet files regularly copied and stored somewhere else?
- Problems with Bionet:
- Not enough space to backup all our files e.g. microscope images
2. Ideal specifications of our future backup system
- Capacity: we want to be able to store all files in a single location
- Easy: automatic backup
- Secure: the backup system shouldn't be located in building 68, in case of a fire
- Efficient backing up or retrieving files should be speedy