From OpenWetWareAdd to My Links
1. The problem, briefly stated
We need an easy, secure and efficient way to store all our files.
2. Current specifications our backup system
Most people use Bionet to backup their files.
- Space occupied:
- Space available:
- Where is it physically located?
- Are Bionet files regularly copied and stored somewhere else?
- Problems with Bionet:
- Not enough space to backup all our files e.g. microscope images
3. Ideal specifications of our future backup system
- Capacity: we want to be able to store all files in a single location
- Easy: automatic backup
- Secure: the backup system shouldn't be located in building 68, in case of a fire
- Efficient backing up or retrieving files should be speedy